Monday, February 19, 2018

In a Car, On a Plane...


I finished all of the socks and they've gone off to their new homes. It's rather a lot to realize what this represents when I think about the cost of the yarn and the time in each pair. I knit enough pairs of socks that I'm somewhat desensitized to it. But piling all of these up -- multiplying it by 5 at once, it's still something of a surprise. Hopefully they will be able to serve their purposes well, warming and being squishy on feet. The yarn includes (LTR) Grinning Gargoyle, Blue Moon Fiber Arts, KnitPicks, KnitPicks, and Zitron.

So then I started another pair of socks over the weekend, while we made a quick turnaround to Florida. This was my out and about knitting for the weekend.  This is Three Irish Girls Adorn Luxe in the Blackberry Cobbler. It was dark when I grabbed this picture-- the yarn just glows. 

My other travel project was my Loopy Academy Sweater! I am working on my version of the Flax Light and the Philosopher does the driving in Florida, which means I get to do a lot of knitting. . It's first adult size sweater that I've knit in a couple of years, though it's my third Tin Can Knits adult size. The pattern is an old friend by this point, so I've added cables down the sleeves to jazz it up just a bit. 


I tried it on when we got back from the airport and home (and I wasn't buried under cats who were determined to alert me that I Had Been Gone and That Was Not Okay). It fits! And I'm presently at about the bottom of my rib cage. I finished the first skein of three in one of the airports and I've made a dent in the second one. Another 6-7 inches and I should have the body done.  I'm also adding some decreases down the underarm seam locations in order to give it some shape. It's going quickly and I'm enjoying it. 

Remind me of that when I am complaining about the sleeves ad infinitum.  

Hoping this week to get started on my lace project.  There's so much Wollmeise laceweight awaiting me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...