Friday, August 4, 2017

A Bunny in Schaumburg

I drove out to Schaumburg last night for Stitches Midwest for the opening keynote: the ever charming Franklin Habit. I'd not realized one could sign up just to attend the keynotes and so haven't in the past. But this popped up and I was delighted to go.  I'm not going to the conference this weekend; the Philosopher and I have Plans for WI Sheep and Wool in September...


Franklin spoke about the creative life and the weird little twitch fiber artists/teachers/designers get when someone gushes about how lovely it is when someone says "but you get to play with yarn ALL DAY." I know that twitch--librarians have it too anytime someone tells me how lovely it is that I work in a quiet space where I just get to read.

As always, it was lovely to see him speak. He has wonderful dry humor and his talks are very well considered.

(Here he's asking how many of us have ever just wanted to STOP knitting for a while)


The travel sock went with me, it's the first major event for Sock 2...everything else I believe has just been work or commute knitting. I'm finally through the heel -- just a gusset and a foot and toe to go! That just a couple of years ago I was turning out at least a pair of month makes me despair.  


Apparently I looked too aloof; no one would sit next to me and my socks and cocktail, despite the packed room. Here you see witness of both in my pre-lecture bathroom selfie. 


I've also started a new shawl and finished two baby hats and finished another hat for AudioGirl. Hmm, I must needs catch up this weekend. 

More soonest... 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...