Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Memory Yarn

Some yarn is purchased with a project in mind, other yarn is about the destination where you got it.

I never showed you the yarn I bought in Florida, did I?

Philosopher and I found the one yarn store fairly close to Chez Philosoparents, which is called Raging Wool.  It's a little hard to find, the sign outside--as memory serves--just said "Yarn."  It was a nice shop and I rummaged around for a while. They carried the yarns of Rhichard Devrieze, who used to work for Koigu-- and you can tell. The colors feel very familiar and of course are lovely.

I ended up with some Frolicking Feet yarn from Done Roving.

IMG_7467

and also a Zauberball that the Philosopher requested as a triangle eventually for him. I'm on a triangle break.

IMG_7478 (2)


Then a couple of weeks ago I went with my goddaughter and her parents up to Wisconsin for a celebration of the Norwegian Constitution Day.  Amongst the beautiful quilt display and incredibly squeaky curds, we found a store that specialized in felted objects. They had some beautiful spinning wheels and a small rack of handspun.

IMG_7565

I'm planning on a small cowl/neckwarmer thingy, but we'll see what happens to it once I get back to it. For now it's decorating the stash beautifully and reminding me of a fun weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...