Thursday, October 28, 2010

Where I Am a Bad Blogger and Did Not Take Pictures...

I'm a regular WendyKnit's reader--I'm a Lucy the Cat fangirl...

So when Wendy posted about Shanti's mom collecting hats for a navy ship, I thought that sounded like a brilliant idea. Because, you know, I don't have any holiday knitting or requests or anything like that and I'm not on any deadlines or timelines or such.....

I did, however, have a conference to attend last weekend. So I rummaged about the apartment and found some black superwash wool. Most of the sailors on the ship, I assume, will be of the male persuasion and the men I know like black and possibly gray. Really just black though. I grabbed the pattern Wendy suggested too and cast on...

And by the morning of the Saturday conference (KidLitcon 2010 in Minneapolis, covered over at Hedgehog Librarian), I had most of a 2x2 rib hat done. Finished it during the first full session after the keynote and spent most of the rest of that session winding the rest of the black wool into a center pull ball.  This had the result of one of the other attendees asking me about how to do that.  Knitting lesson on the fly!  And then I cast on the second hat...

I was paying close attention and taking notes throughout the day but I was also knitting. A few people commented but most seemed comfortable accepting that I needed something to do with my hands. By the last session I was casting off.  Not bad--hat and a half and a conference all in one day!

When I got home, I emailed Lynne and got her address and was just about ready to pack things up when I realized I had another hat that was nearly done! My second Sock Head Hat needed only the decrease rounds and it would be done and it really didn't have a home yet or someone who had claimed it. So I wrapped that up last night and it went into the bag this morning as well.

I wrote notes to include with the hats and things went into a priority envelope this morning and out with the library postage. And after I sealed things up I realized I didn't take pictures...

So...picture two black 2x2 rib watchcaps.  And a sockhead hat out of the last yarn I got from Miss Violet that is a longer version of this picture:

IMG_4557

It turned out pretty well and hopefully will keep someone warm and snuggly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...