Sunday, October 17, 2010

Does It Count As Stash

If you have a project already planned for it?

While I have added a smidge of new things to the stash, most of my recent purchases have been targeted towards Christmas or other requested gifts. 

I have a stealth project that has to be done by Friday, the yarn arrived yesterday.  Fortunately, it's small.  But the Brunette and My-Friend-the-Lawyer have both put in a request for gloves. The Brunette would like flip top mitten types for texting (he needs a flip thumb too) and MFTL would like all fingers but no tips--again for texting. And since the Brunette is married and has a husband prone to abscond with handknits (not that I'm complaining)--I need to make two pair. I just found some black fingering weight in the stash that I don't think is on my Ravelry page. Might make some watch caps to go with all of these mitts. So here's the yarn (minus black) for those mitts and not-very-secret-project. It's all Cascade 220 Superwash. 

IMG_4615

The other thing I'm working on is a mass of City Shawls. These have a planned destination but at least one I still needed yarn for. (Of course I needed different yarn).

So a trip to Ewetopia Fiber Shop was in order and to fill the need I grabbed 3 skeins of Berroco Peruvia Quick.  It's delicious, a wonderfully squishy 100% Peruvian Highland Wool in a deep blue with hints of purple underneath.Can't wait to get it going...

IMG_4603

IMG_4605

Now then, I just need to round up some super glue to repair my size 15 circulars...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...