Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Knit and Crochet Blog Week: Day 3 One Great Knitter

One Great Knitter
Write about a knitter whose work (whether because of project choice, photography, styling, scale of projects, stash, etc) you enjoy. If they have an enjoyable blog, you might find it a good opportunity to send a smile their way.

One of the people whose work I've recently come very much to admire is TurtleGirl76.  I think I first became aware of her for the Charlotte's Web Shawl that she did. Rav/Flickr links. I was captured by the beauty of the shawl. Since then I love to follow along as she whips through

She takes beautiful pictures--with much light and color. Recently she got a new camera and has been reshooting some of her yarn and it looks delicious. We have very different tastes--she likes stripes, I don't, she's in a red phase, I have very few skeins in the red family in my stash. But that's part of what is magic--she can look at a pattern and see something totally different than what I saw, and knit something incredibly gorgeous that I might not have every considered but for her sharing it.

She also seems pretty fearless--changing patterns on the fly and knitting personalized top down cardigans. 

And, of course, I have to put a shout out for the fact that I adore Tabby Tuesdays--there are many a Tuesday morning that seeing her marmalades with all their furry fabulousness and crazy commentary that has brought me huge smiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...